(Positive Behavior Intervention Support)
The Ox STRONG Program will focus on rewarding students for desired behaviors that positively affect their social and academic suc
cess and the school as a whole. The pillars of this program are the four Ps (Participation in Learning, Perseverance, Preparation, and Politeness), which are defined on our Habits for Success Matrix. Please consult the Ox STRONG Handbook, which can be accessed on the middle school website, for more information.
This decision-making framework is designed to support the idea of School-wide Positive Behavior Intervention Support by ensuring that all students have access to the most effective and accurately implemented instruction, behavioral practices and interventions possible. SWPBIS provides an operational framework for achieving these outcomes. It is our hope and belief that this program will help to create learning environments that are:
- Less reactive, aversive, dangerous, and exclusionary, and are
- More engaging, responsive, preventive, and productive;
And that will:
- Address classroom management and disciplinary issues (e.g., attendance, tardies, antisocial behavior);
- Improve supports for students whose behaviors require more specialized assistance (e.g., emotional and behavioral disorders, mental health); and,
- Most importantly, maximize academic engagement and achievement for all students.